With a few simple tips, you can stay comfortable all summer long.
- Close your shades. Block the sun by closing your shades, especially on south- and west-facing windows. Open your windows at night to let in the fresh air.
- Make your own shade. Use awnings, outdoor shutters or large potted plants to block the sun. Or plant large deciduous trees to shade your home in summer and let light in during winter.
- Check your lightbulbs. Incandescent bulbs give off a lot of heat. Replace them with energy-efficient LED bulbs.
- Use cotton sheets. Cotton bed sheets are lightweight and breathable, or you can find other types of moisture-wicking sheets designed to keep you cool.
- Save chores for evening. Appliances can really heat up your house. Instead of running the washer during the hottest parts of the day, wait until nighttime.
- Grill outdoors. Why cook in a steamy kitchen when you can grill outside and enjoy the fresh night air.
MADE WITH LOVE AND CARE
Pioneer Window Fashions is here to help with all your home design needs. From stunning Hunter Douglas window treatments to gorgeous fabrics, we’ll work with you to create a home you love.
Blog content copyright Hunter Douglas.