Get ready to enjoy the cool winter months with family and friends.
Bask in the glow of a beautiful new hearthside experience!
The weather is cooling, and we’re all spending more time indoors. What a good time to refresh the fireplace, mantle and everything surrounding it.
A fireplace provides more than just physical heat; it adds emotional warmth and ambience. Your hearthside experience can become the focal point of your entire house, whether your home is traditional or modern, formal or casual!
There are so many ways to make your fireplace area beautiful – and functional too, from the style and material of the fireplace and chimney to the design of the mantel and hearth, and even the décor and furniture near your fireplace.
- Select stone, tile, brick, paint – the choices for materials are almost unlimited.
- Purchase an antique wood or stone carved mantel and surround for a unique look.
- Don’t have a mantle at all! A fireplace can look beautiful with the brick, wood or stone extending to the ceiling.
- Hang a mirror or beautiful piece of art over the mantel – or even your flat screen TV!
- You can even have your TV installed behind a remote-controlled piece of artwork.
- Add a unique fireplace screen for function and beauty.
- Place big comfortable chairs near the fireplace or low ottomans for relaxing and warming up.
- In the summer months, adorn the inside or edges of your fireplace with live or artificial plants or a beautiful “garden” of candles.
One of the biggest ways to change the look of a room is to redo your fireplace. Focus on your fireplace this fall and soon you’ll be basking in the glow of a beautiful hearthside experience.
Copyright Hunter Douglas.