Using this subtle, natural color will add tranquility to your decor.
Soft green is a sage design choice.
Sage green plays well with lots of other colors. As a neutral, pair it with accents of brick red, aqua, French blue, brown, violet or lilac. As an accent shade, pair sage with crisp white to make the color pop or pair it with soft grey, cream or ivory to keep the look subtle and tranquil. Many design elements also use sage green as part of a pattern, such as latticework, paisley, stripes and botanical prints.
Naturally, you have lots of possibilities to gently add sage green to your décor:
- Painted walls and paint stenciling
- Upholstery and drapery fabric
- Painted wood furniture and kitchen cabinets
- Rugs and carpeting
- Lamps and light fixtures
- Accessories such as throw pillows, vases, flowers and table linens
- Tile countertops and backsplashes
- Add natural sage to your decorating plans this year. When your friends see the results, they’ll be green with envy.
Sage green creates a serene, calm atmosphere. And this hue works equally well as a soft accent color or a versatile neutral.
Sage green is actually a range of hues. Some versions include a lot of soft grey, creating an almost silvery grey cast, while others are pumped up with a touch of yellow, creating an early-spring effect.
Copyright Hunter Douglas