A beautiful bathroom helps you begin and end your days in luxury and comfort.
Most of us think about bathrooms in terms of function. And that’s the first need, for sure. However, consider your bathroom as a retreat of beauty and comfort! It’s not hard to change a drab bathroom into a luxurious cocoon.
For a calm, serene look and feel, use neutral colors, like white or off-white. If you’re looking for energy, select bold and bright colors, and consider coordinating an en-suite bathroom color scheme with the bedroom color.
Some obvious places to start your bathroom plan are:
- A paint color that makes you feel pampered
- An elegant vanity, maybe even a vintage table that’s repurposed
- New countertops, backsplashes and sinks
- Updated hardware, including faucets, pulls and handles, available in such a variety of looks and finishes
- Beautiful framed mirrors, instead of frameless wall-to-wall mirrors
- New layered lighting that’s beautiful AND functional, and even a skylight to bring in natural light
Redoing the shower or tub (which Pioneer Glass can help with!) is a bigger project, but how much fun to create a luxurious bathing experience. This is a good place to spurge on finishes and hardware since you’ll enjoy them every day of the year.
Function is also key when updating a bathroom.
- Use slip-resistant flooring.
- Select finishes that are easy to clean and resistant to water, especially if you live in a humid environment.
- Plan for as much storage as you need, so the bathroom never looks cluttered.
- Include plenty of towel racks, so towels are easy to reach and have a chance to dry.
- If you have space, include a place to sit, whether it’s a built-in bench or a movable chair or stool.
Ready to have a luxurious new retreat in your home? Focus on remodeling your bathroom this season.
Copyright Hunter Douglas 2016.