Add versatility to any room in your home with this easy upgrade.
- In the kitchen: brighten lights while prepping your signature dish, then lower them to create ambiance for a quiet dinner for two.
- In the living room: dim lights for binging your favorite series or hanging out with friends; brighten them for game night.
- In the nursery or kid’s room: no need to turn lights full-on for those middle-of-the-night diaper changes or monster-chasing; dim lights are soothing for your little one as well as you.
- In the bathroom: ease into your morning routine with dim light, then brighten the lights as needed for shaving or applying makeup; conversely, end your day with soft light and a soothing soak in the tub.
- In the bedroom: lower lights at night to help you wind down before you go to sleep.
Replacing a standard light switch with a dimmer is an easy DIY project that you can do in about 30 minutes or less (always make sure you turn the power off at the circuit, first!); a licensed electrician can also make the switch for you.
One important note: If you have LEDs as opposed to incandescent or halogen bulbs in your light fixtures, make sure you purchase a dimmer that’s compatible with the types of LEDs you have (check the dimmer packaging or the manufacturer website for bulb/dimmer compatibility).
And when it comes to aesthetics, your options aren’t limited to a white rotary knob. Today’s dimmers are available in a variety of styles and colors, giving you lots of choices to complement your décor.
MADE WITH LOVE AND CARE
Pioneer Window Fashions is here to help with all your home design needs. From stunning Hunter Douglas window treatments to gorgeous fabrics, we’ll work with you to create a home you love.
Blog content copyright Hunter Douglas.