Welcome the change in season with these simple decorating ideas
- Add throw blankets. Throw blankets in seasonal materials (think cable knits) and colors (such as amber, deep green, terra cotta, turquoise and flax), over beds and chairs are an easy way to boost a room’s snugness quotient.
- Swap out throw pillows. Pack summery-motifs away and bring out plush velvets, faux fur and suede in different shapes and sizes.
- Put area rugs to work. Help keep toes toastier by adding area rugs to bare floors in hallways, bedrooms, and your living room. Already have carpeting? Layering a smaller area rug over top gives any space a fresh look.
- Dress up a table. A runner in a fall palette on a kitchen or dining room table adds texture and interest to a room, with a nod to bringing entertaining back inside.
- Install a dimmer. Soft, dim light is comforting, relaxing and perfecting for kicking back on a fall evening. Switch out a standard light switch with a dimmer and you’ll have an easy way to create the perfect mood for dinner with friends.
- Light some candles. The warm glow of candlelight exudes serenity. Arrange candles of varying heights on a tray, then place the tray on a coffee or side table (of course, make sure you don’t leave lit candles unattended).
- Bring the outdoors in. Feathery, dried grasses and flowers straight from your garden (or your local farmer’s market or craft store) in a ceramic or clear glass vase complement a tranquil vibe.
MADE WITH LOVE AND CARE
Pioneer Window Fashions is here to help with all your home design needs. From stunning Hunter Douglas window treatments to gorgeous fabrics, we’ll work with you to create a home you love.
Blog content copyright Hunter Douglas.