SEVEN QUICK DIY IDEAS TO SQUEEZE THE MOST OUT OF YOUR SPACE
- Plants: Houseplants are terrific options for incorporating texture. Succulents, cacti, begonias, palms, bromeliads and spider plants are just a few of the hundreds of statement-making choices.
- Woven baskets: Woven baskets not only add texture; they also serve double-duty as storage bins (for those errant remotes, magazines and dog toys).
- Accent pieces: While you want to steer clear of creating what looks like clutter, a ceramic, wooden or glass accent piece or two adds variety.
- Wall décor: Traditional framed prints are fine, but why not think outside the box and consider metal wall art, macramé wall hangings, tapestries or mirrors with unique frames?
- Pillows and throws: Layering pillows and throws adds texture while also upping the coziness of a room. You’ll find lots of throw pillow options with interesting weaves—and even tassels—as well as throws in a variety of fabrics.
- Area rugs: Like pillows and throws, area rugs come in a wide range of materials and weaves. Rugs crafted of natural fibers, like jute or sisal, as well as shag rugs or those with raised pile, help define a space.
MADE WITH LOVE AND CARE
Pioneer Window Fashions is here to help with all your home design needs. From stunning Hunter Douglas window treatments to gorgeous fabrics, we’ll work with you to create a home you love.
Blog content copyright Hunter Douglas.