More color can cheer up your home – and your life!
Add bright colors to your decor – It’s a refreshing change for your interior look.
Get rid of the blahs in your house now that winter is over. Add bright and cheerful colors to lift your spirits and create a vibrant interior look!
- Follow these tips to make sure your bright colors are energetic, but not chaotic:
- Balance bright colors with white or black to make them pop.
- For a softer look, complement bright tones with neutral beige, cream or gray.
- Think complementary colors, one soft and one bold; for example, sage green with bright red or powder blue with electric orange.
- Start with a favorite piece of art that has splashes of bright color and let that define your bright palette.
Bright colors add warmth and energy to a room. They actually make your house and your life feel more joyful! Your choice of bright colors in interior design elements is almost unlimited.
- Zesty tropical shades like turquoise and hot pink
- Primary tones of red, yellow and blue
- Trendy colors like acid green and tangerine
Are you afraid to be so bold? “Just enough” is a good strategy for bright colors. So, if you’re nervous, start small – or start in a small room – with:
- Painted walls
- Throw pillows
- Bed linens
- Table settings
Feeling braver? You can add larger touches of bold in upholstery fabric, window coverings, rugs, wallcoverings and furniture.
Copyright Hunter Douglas.