Decorate in this classic mode for long-lasting beauty, value and comfort.
Decorating in a traditional style provides a feeling of classic ease and grace – it just makes us feel good!
- Traditional style can borrow from French Provincial, English Regency or American Colonial, and it’s okay to mix the styles.
- Colors can be feminine, floral, and pastel with whitewashed wood finishes or deep jewel tones with ornate, dark wood furniture.
- Upholstered furniture and fabric window fashions can include tassels, trim, fringe, and frill or can be tailored and clean.
Traditional often has symmetrical furniture placement, but not always. And what’s so fortunate today is that a traditional look can be combined with 21st century conveniences, such as good lighting, easy-to-clean finishes and slip-proof floors. Even such modern rooms as kitchens and baths can look beautiful with a traditional touch.
Traditional finishes include:
- Burnished hardwood floors with plush oriental rugs
- Elegant marble floors and countertops
- Beautifully detailed wood bookshelves
- Brass lamps, urns and statuary
- Oil paintings of outdoor landscapes
- Crystal chandeliers
- Silver candlesticks and vases
- Luxurious fabric window treatments with all the frills
- Distressed gold and bronze frames on mirrors and paintings
- Velvet, brocade and tapestry fabrics or, for a lighter touch, linen, cotton and wool
Looking for a comfortable, sophisticated design that never goes out of style, yet is totally up-to-date? Think traditional for your home environment.
© Hunter Douglas